The current Angola’s financial system framework, approved by Law No. 13/05, of September 30, classifies financial institutions into two types: banking financial institutions, which are the banks in general, and non-banking financial institutions.
Institutions under the jurisdiction of the Banco Nacional de Angola (National Bank of Angola - BNA):
- Exchange bureau;
- Credit Cooperative;
- Factoring Companies;
- Financial Leasing Companies;
- Foreign Exchange and Monetary Markets Brokers;
- Microcredit Societies;
- Payment Companies;
- Interbank Payments Clearinghouse societies under the Angola Payment System Law;
- Other companies that are classified as such by law.
Institutions under the jurisdiction of the Comissão de Mercado de Capitais (Capital Market Commission - CMC):
- Securities Brokers;
- Venture Capital Companies;
- Exchange and securities dealer companies;
- Holding Companies (HOLDINGS);
- Investment Companies;
- Asset Management Companies;
- Investment Funds Management Companies;
- Securitization Funds Management Companies;
- Real Estate Investment Management Companies;
- Systems operating Companies or Clearing Chambers and Securities Settlement in compliance of Angola Payment System;
- Other companies classified as such by law.