Angolan Banking Association (ABANC) is the only entity that represents the Angolan banking sector. This association was established to fortify the Angolan banking system, as well as its relationship with the society and to contribute for the development of a solid banking sector that is more attentive to the needs of the country.
Existing as an Angolan nonprofit, ABANC aggregates all banks that are in activity in Angola, a total of 28 institutions, whose agencies and services are spread out throughout the country.
Institutions where ABANC participates
Being an strategic partner by excellence, ABANC has established partnerships with the following entities:
- Comissão do Mercado de Capitais (CMC - Capital Market Commission) – member of the advisory board
- Ministério das Finanças (Ministry of Finance) – member of the Tax Reform advisory board (PERT) (2010)
- Conselho das Associações Empresariais de Angola (Council of Business Associations of Angola) – founding member (2010)
- Instituto de Formação Bancária de Angola (IFBA - Banking Training Institute of Angola) – President of the General Meeting Committee
- Associação Portuguesa de Bancos (APB - Portuguese Banks Association) - signing of cooperation agreement (2013)
- Committee of Central Bank Governors in SADC – representative at the Payment System Project (2006)
- SADC Banking Association – founding member (December 1998)
- Associação de Banqueiros de Rio de Janeiro (ABERJ - Rio de Janeiro Banker Association) – signed MOU for training cooperation
ABANC is open to establish new partnerships. The objective is the exchange of information and experiences in order to promote its capacity building.